Thursday, August 09, 2007

Props

I try to give credit where credit is due, and I think that Steven Furtick at Elevation in Charlotte hit the nail on the head with a few things in this post. Check it out for the things they are doing to grow a church...and by the way, they are growing HUGE!!

One thing that might strike a chord for some of my readers, and maybe some of his, is the number five thing on his top five list of things they are doing right. "It's all about the numbers." I gotta admit, I get pretty tired of hearing "Well, i'm not really worried about numbers, just about spiritual growth." I wonder if we are going to get to heaven one day and hear God say, "Well, Craig, nobody got saved, but everybody stayed while you were at Malvern Hill...Good Job." I don't think so, it's all about the numbers! It's all about the number of people we take with us to meet the Lord, and so, by extension, it is all about the number of people we bring into our church.

The "it's not about the numbers," game is a cop-out. Pastors don't like to say it is about the numbers because then there is a definitive way to hold them accountable for their goals. Well, I guess if I say its about the numbers and we don't grow, I'll fail. I believe we all fail if we don't take folks with us to meet the Lord. Let's be successful.

Bring 'em in!!!!


Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: