Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Where Has God Sent You Today?

"So it was not you who sent me here, but God." This quote from Joseph in Genesis 45:8 to his brothers concerning his arrival in Egypt via sale into slavery sparked my attention this morning in my reading. Joseph realized that God was ultimately in charge of his destiny, and that even though his brothers meant him harm, God was the one who actually sent him to Egypt. His brothers were, unwittingly, working as agents of God to bring about his good for Joseph's life.

I believe the same thing still happens in our lives today. I heard a pastor say sometime back that there are no such things as coincidences, only God-incidences. Where is God sending you or what has God sent to you so that you can be a part of his activity in the world. Whether its here in Camden or around the world, God desires to use his people to impact his creation.

Rather than bemoaning your situation, why not look with positive eyes as Joseph did. God sent me here, now, "God, what do you want me to do?" Joseph worked to feed the hungry in a time of famine, what can you do? Get to work, somebody needs you!

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: