Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Missed Me?

I know the answer to that question, but just to make me feel important, I'm going to pretend that I have been missed from the blogosphere.

I know its the New Year and I should be writing about that, but instead I want to share a little something with you that God shared with me at about 2:00 this morning. I was up with my wonderful son (who does not like sleep very much and didn't seem quite as wonderful at 2 in the morning) who was crying. As a new dad, I still feel lost most of the time, but I am blessed to know who is in total control. So, I held Wyatt and prayed, "God, you created him, he is yours, you know what he needs, please take care of him."

I went back to bed and thought about that little prayer over my 7 1/2 month old son and realized that its the same prayer I should be praying for myself daily. God created me, he knows what I need, I am his, and I need him to take care of me. As simple as this may sound to you, it was an epiphany in the middle of the night...God reminded me that he is still and will always be, my Heavenly Father.

Rest in him today!

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: