Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Preparation

Preparation requires perspiration. I just came up with that one myself, but it is absolutely true. Everyone wants to be great at something, but a select few are willing to put in the effort and pay the price to be successful. I've been reading, praying, and studying on the necessity of preparation the past few days. If we are to experience the downpour of God's blessings in our churches or in any area of our lives, we must pay the price and prepare the way. I've compiled a few quotes that I'd like to share with you on this subject. I hope they challenge you the way they have challenged me.

"Preparedness is the key to success and victory...the more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war."
--General Douglas Macarthur

"Before everything else, getting ready is the secret of success."
--Henry Ford

"Don't try to be better than somebody else, but never cease trying to be the best you can be."
--John Wooden's Father

"The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining."
--John F. Kennedy

"If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my ax."
--Abraham Lincoln


Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: