Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Twitter in Church?


Ok, some of you don't even know what Twitter is (click here for the wikipedia definition). Basically, Twitter is a relatively new way of Instant Messaging, only you send one message that can be read by anyone who follows you at the same time. Think of passing notes in class, but instead of passing one note to one person, you can pass one note to tons of people all at the same time. You can do it via the internet, your smart phone, applications on your computer desktop, or simply with text messaging. Anyone with a computer or a cell phone can twitter, and it is EASY.


Below, I have pasted a link to a video about Mars Hill Church in Seattle which encourages twittering in church. It's a concept I didn't really think about, but that is probably worth while. Click to watch Congregation at Seattle Church All A Twitter.


I don't know if this will catch on in Camden soon, but if it is an opportunity to spread the gospel, why not?


Also, as a side note, there was a time when I told a friend (Terry) that I did not see any value in Twitter...I confess that I was wrong and repent in dust and ashes. You can follow my tweets (messages sent through twitter) on the left side of this page.


Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clawless posted some good thoughts on Twitter last year: http://www.biblicalchurchgrowth.com/index.php/living-in-a-twittering-world/

Personally, the twitter kool-aid doesn't taste that good yet. We'll see.

David