Monday, March 24, 2008

The Resurrection

Yesterday in my sermon, I made the argument that the literal resurrection of Jesus is necessary for Christianity to exist. I went so far as to say, "If the body of Jesus could be produced and verified without a doubt, I would renounce my faith and walk away from Christianity." Why would I make such a claim? Well, primarily because the apostle Paul made a very similar claim in 1 Corinthians 15:17-19:

And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If in this life only we have hoped in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

Is a bodilyt resurrection of Christ necessary for the Christian faith? According to the Apostle Paul it is. In submission to the authority of Scripture, I agree wholeheartedly.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: