Monday, July 23, 2007

Who Would Have Guessed?

It never fails. If I haven't found enough application for a sermon in my life in the week leading up to the preacching of it, I always find plenty of application later. Last night, I talked alot about fighting for joy and to maintain the fruit of the Spirit in our lives. I believe I even talked about the necessity of fighting for joy when you did not even feel like getting out of bed. Lo and Behold (to use some of my parents terminlogy), this morning getting out of bed was nearly torture. I just could hardly pry my body from under the sheets.

So, for those of you who may think that fighting the fight is only difficult for people who aren't pastors, let me just tell you from my personal experience today that living a sermon is sometimes more difficult than preaching it. I am a fellow sojourner with you on this journey of faith, and I struggle with you in the constant battle to bear the fruit of the Spirit abundantly. May God bless and help each of us as we labor together to see his glory displayed in our lives daily.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: