Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The King Is On The Throne

Elections are big deals in America, and they should give Christians an opportunity to reflect upon our citizenship, not only in this country, but our heavenly citizenship as well. We have selected a new president and that new president holds great power, however, as Christians we still serve the same King. Jesus came to set up a kingdom that is not of this world:

Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”
-John 18:36

Even as we participate in the political process, we know that our God holds sway over the politics of the kingdoms (countries) of this world. Take heart, whether your candidate won or not, your God is still seated upon his throne and his will shall be done!

Jesus said, "let not your hearts be troubled, you believe in God, beleive also in me..." No man or woman has ever undone what God wills to be done. Praise God this morning that he is still the KING!
Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen.