Monday, October 06, 2008

Reformation Day Party

Reformation Day is fast approaching and a member of my church has just forwarded me information on supplies and instructions for your very own Reformation Day Party. According to the website, A Night of Reformation provides a fun tool to:

Teach the history of the Protestant Reformation in a fun and memorable way. Help Martin Luther's future wife escape from her convent, encourage Calvin's friend Farel as he tosses the Catholic priests' relics into the river, assist Martin Bucer as he attempts to negotiate a peace between Ulrich Zwingli and Martin Luther. Costumes, games and booths, prizes, food, teaching, singing and fellowship -- our church's Reformation Party is one of the highlights of our year!

Let me know if any of you go this route for your fall festival...maybe next year for us!

(And yes, for all who were already thinking it, I know I'm a dork)

Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew it! I'm kidding.

Actually, I've always stressed Reformation instead of Halloween. Soooo, if that constitutes being a dork, I'm one, too. A dork for the Lord. It's not so bad.

Renee