Thursday, October 16, 2008

Books To Encourage Your Christian Growth




I've got two links for you today that I hope you will find beneficial. They are both book reviews and are both books that are worth your time.






First, click over to Passion for Preaching to see my review on Richard Foster's Celebration of Discipline. If you have never studied the disciplines of the Christian life and how you can grow through personal discipline, I strongly encourage you to look into this book. As you will see in my review, it has it's flaws, but there are still great things to glean from this classic by Richard Foster.






Second, Trevin Wax at Kingdom People has posted a review of Jerry Bridges' book, Pursuit of Holiness. This is a great book that I read in college and re-read for a series of lessons I gave to a group of high school kids a few years ago. Noticing his review makes me want to sit down and enjoy it one more time.
Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: