Monday, June 01, 2009

Intentional Potential

It has been said that "potential is what you ain't done yet."  Sure, this is not proper English, but it is absolutely true.  Many people love to talk about their potential, but this is simply because they have not yet accomplished anything to talk about.

We all have the potential to be mature Christians, but have you attained to that maturity yet?

Paul says in Colossians 1:28 that it should be our goal to present everyone mature in Christ.  That is my goal, and it is my responsibility as a pastor to equip the saints under my charge so that they may attain to that maturity.  I have to be intentional in my ministry.

However, unless you are intentional in your efforts to grow in Christ, you will remain a baby in the faith, never being weaned from the spiritual bottle.  You have the potential, but are you being intentional in your attempts to reach your potential?

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: