Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Thanks

You know, it makes you feel good to be remembered by the people you love. More times than not, its not the kind of gift, but the unexpected gifts in life that really make your day. This week I have received two of those--a box of steaks and a box of books--from friends who just wanted to say thanks and we care. I was blown away.

It reminded me of just how important it can be for us to say thanks in unexpected times and ways. When I was in college, it was the little card in your mailbox that said PACKAGE that really got me (and all of my other classmates) excited. Today, its the package in the mail or the UPS truck out front. Gifts do not have to be expensive, sometimes a card communicates love and appreciation as much as anything in the world.

The most important thing is not what we give, its simply that we do give and that we do show appreciation to those who are meaningful in our lives. Who has made a difference in your life recently? Let them know with a call or a card, or if you feel really generous, a box of books or steaks!

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: